Thursday, November 11, 2010

Caramel Glazed Carrots and Pearl Onions






Good morning!

Did you realize that Thanksgiving is just 2 weeks away?! :)

This year I am more excited than usual... probably because I've discovered a passion for food!! I've been searching everywhere for new holiday recipes to try...

And the other day I found this one... It looked delicious, healthy, & very Thanksgiving-y. :)

Of course, I wanted to make a few modifications.

Glazed Carrots & Pearl Onions
Ingredients:

  • 2 packages baby carrots
  • 3 tablespoons butter (I used EarthBalance)
  • 1 package frozen pearl onions
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 ts. pepper
  • 1/3 cup caramel sauce (I used this recipe)
  • 1 tsp. dijon mustard


    Directions:
    Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add carrots; cook until almost tender, about 7 minutes. Drain; set aside.

    In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until onions are heated through, 4-5 minutes.

    Add carrots, caramel topping, and mustard. Cook, stirring, until carrots are tender and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes.

    *Serve immediately or store in fridge. 

     Recipe adapted from "Women's World" (November 15, 2010)

    1 comment:

    1. Yummm! I am a sucker for carrots!

      I dont eat butter, but I bet coconut oil would be divine on these suckers as well!

      xxoo

      ReplyDelete