Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts!

Happy Wednesday!

Brussels sprouts anyone? :) It seems like just the name of this vegetable has a negative connotation... (or is it just with Jon?)


















Trader Joe's has been selling entire stalks of them for $1.99! I can't leave the store without picking one up. :) For some reason... it is much more fun to snap them off the stalk than to open up a plastic bag.

Way to go Trader Joe's!! for eliminating unnecessary packaging on this veggie.

Anyways, last night I roasted the entire stalk! I wanted to make enough to last for a couple days. :)

Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
  • stalk of brussels sprouts
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • sea salt to taste
Chop brussels sprouts and toss with olive oil. Add salt to taste. Roast in oven at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Transfer to fun dish...

 
 Ta-daa! So simple, yet delicious. 

 
One thing I love about veggies is that you can eat as much as you want! :)

4 comments:

  1. I've never understood why brussel sprouts have such a bad reputation. I think they're great! I'd love to try roasting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching some chef cook them the other day and he said that bad smell and taste is because they're over cooked. So I may give them another chance someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teenager LOVES Brussels sprouts,usually pan roasted, sometimes with red potatoes added, sometimes with apples. It's great to have a healthy side dish she loves. I'm growing them in the garden this winter. I did it once before a few years back but it was before she loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sounds unusual for the "typical teenager." But I love it!!

    That is so cool that you are growing Brussels sprouts in your garden! I planted some about a month ago... but they were eaten by critters.

    ReplyDelete