Friday, March 18, 2011

Institute for Integrative Nutrition: Update

Happy Friday wellness lovers! I hope you are having an amazing start to your weekend! :)

Today I wanted to give an update about the nutrition school I am currently attending! Many of you have  asked questions about it... so hopefully this will be enlightening!


About Integrative Nutrition
Integrative Nutrition is the world's largest nutrition school, where they teach 100 different dietary theories. Even more importantly, they teach how lifestyle factors have an even greater impact on your overall health & wellness than nutrition alone! I have been enrolled since January 2011, and am loving every minute! Every week, I listen to hours of lectures on an iPod, complete coursework online, and interact with faculty and fellow students on a weekly basis. A key highlight... the curriculum guides you through setting up your own health coaching practice as a "Certified Health Coach." They also connect you to a mentor, who has already graduated from the school and currently has a successful health coaching practice because of their education at Integrative Nutrition. And the best part? You get to work towards a career where you are in charge, can earn a living doing work you love & believe in, can work from your home office, and most importantly... inspire others to improve their overall health & wellness, which overall helps to make the world a happier and healthier place!

Also, graduates from Integrative Nutrition were recently featured in the article in the March 2011 issue of Oprah Magazine! You can read the article here.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you! I have only positive things to say about the school.... enrolling was one of the best decisions I've ever made! I get to study my passion and fulfill my dream of becoming an entrepreneur!!

If you are seriously interested in becoming a student, let me know! (I might be able to get you a scholarship!) I can be reached at tasteforhealthy@gmail.com.

More information:
Integrative Nutrition Website
Integrative Nutrition Catalog
Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches Take Miami 2011 (YouTube)

16 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I'm in a rut right now not having a job and with my passion for nutrition, I feel like this would be a great thing to do. Wish I had the money :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,
    I am seriously considering this program. I have a couple of questions. After graduation, is there any cost to you to keep up your website? Also, they say the immersion program the second year is free, but are there hidden costs?

    Also, how are things going for your business. Do you feel that you came out of the program with enough knowledge to truly coach people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Congrats on seriously considering IIN! There is absolutely no cost after graduation to keep up your website. And, Immersion is completely complimentary! There are no hidden costs what-so-ever.

      Regarding coaching: IIN has given me more knowledge than I ever expected. I feel very confident that I know enough about health/nutrition/counseling to successfully coach wellness-seeking individuals. And, I am currently learning even more skills in Immersion. :)

      If you have any other questions, I am happy to be of support! My e-mail is TasteforHealthy@gmail.com

      P.S. There are occasionally scholarship/discount opportunities... email me for more info. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your quick response. I will probably email you soon!

      Delete
  3. How much is tuition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base tuition is $4,995. However, there are occasionally discounts/scholarships available. I am happy to give you more details about this... I can be reached at TasteforHealthy@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ashley,
    I've been looking at INN for years - since before my 1st child was born 12 yrs ago. Now that they're getting older, I feel I finally have some time to do something for myself, but am still very busy since we homeschool and have many classes/activities outside our home. Would I be able to take classes part-time or have some sort of flexible schedule that goes at a slower pace than the year-long program? I couldn't find an answer to that on their website. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      The IIN program is very flexible, and can be arranged to fit around almost any schedule. The only option is the year-long program, with tests scheduled every few months. As long as you can stay on track with the tests, you can essentially work through the coursework at your own pace.

      Delete
  5. What kind of degree do you get when you graduate from INN? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graduates are awarded a health coach certification, and have the opportunity to become a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP).

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    My name is Autumn. I was trying to attend school to be a nutritionist in Saint Petersburg Florida. Unfortunately there are no schools in my area. I have felt very passionate about nutrition since I was a child. I was always obsessed with the human body. I recently started researching this school. I'm not sure how close you are to graduating but I was wondering about your story. I wanted to know if you feel what you learning is worth your money. Im a part time server and im struggling as is. I really want to further my education, but I feel strongly about working in nutrition. I think the way we care for our bodies is the most important thing in our lives. The do not provide financial aid at this school and I know that this is a huge decision for me to make financially. Just looking for some serious advice. you can email me back at autumnnoelleshiray@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please could you tell me more about the discounts/scholarships available as I am interested in the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am happy to let you know about the latest discounts/scholarship as they become available. :) Send me an email at TasteforHealthy@gmail.com .

      Delete
  8. interested in the scholarships program, - how do i go about getting this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Send a message to TasteforHealthy@gmail.com, and I will be happy to give you the details!

      Delete
  9. Hi there, nice post and a good source of information. It really shows that you're an expert in this field. I'm looking for some informations about nutrition coach in this site. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete