Sunday, December 18, 2011

Massaged Kale Salad!

Greetings health and wellness lovers!

Can you believe it's almost 2012?! I can't...

Anyways, this weekend I made a (festive?) delicious recipe from the Integrative Nutrition Healthy Holiday Guide!

Massaged Kale Salad


















I made the salad to bring to a family gathering...

Honestly, I was a little hesitant to bring it, because kale is (unfortunately) not a commonly-enjoyed leafy vegetable by people outside of the foodie/nutrition/wellness circles.

But I decided to bring it anyways... and it seemed to be a hit! A family member even wanted the recipe! In addition to the Integrative Nutrition Holiday eBook, the recipe is also featured on Lemons and Loafers.

The only change I made to the recipe was substituting raisins + pomegranate seeds for the dried cranberries (because I didn't have any).

Have you ever had massaged kale salad?

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite kale salads includes massaging the kale in AVOCADO. it's absolutely delicious! the recipe is on my blog if you're interested!

    http://sarahlearns.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/brads-day-avocado-massaged-kale-salad/

    ReplyDelete