Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cake Batter Milkshake!

Tomorrow I will be 25! Wow, I almost feel like an 'adult!'

Anyways, I wanted to celebrate (a day early) with this healthy Cake Batter Milkshake!

It tastes amazingly close to 'real' cake batter, but it is completely healthy! Yet, it seems so 'naughty' and delicious, that I just had to share it with you! ♥

I want to give a huge "thank you!!" to the talented and creative Chocolate Covered Katie for the original recipe!



Cake Batter Milkshake
  • 1 banana, frozen
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoons coconut flour (for cake-y-ness)
  • Optional: sprinkles
Blend ingredients together. Add some sprinkles, pre-blending, and then add more on top!

A recipe for vegan coconut whipped cream can be found here!

Have you made any healthy 'cake batter' recipes?

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Ya gotta have the sprinkles ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to try this recipe! I finally got nanners so I'll be making it this week hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! i love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't coconut oil "not healthy"? its loaded with saturated fat. I talked to a dietitian ther other day about it and she said there is no evidence saying the daturated fat in coconut oil is healthy. saturated fat is saturated fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really kara? this is healthier than a REAL milkshake. we could nitpick at everything that is "healthy". geez just appreciate the recipe and move on. if you dont think its healthy dont use it.

    anyway, Great post!

    ReplyDelete