Thursday, April 7, 2011

Citrus Snap Peas and Carrots!

Hello wellness lovers... I hope you are having an amazing week!

Any exciting plans for this weekend? Jon and I are going to Disneyland (again!) Haha... we have annual passes, so we need to use them! We actually haven't been in 2 months...

Anyways, on to today's healthy deliciousness!

The other day I was flipping through the latest issue of First magazine, and a recipe caught my eye! It totally had "spring" written all over it! The original recipe called for butter & honey, but I wanted to substitute coconut oil and agave instead.

Also, I made it without fresh parsley and shallots, because:
a.) I like easy, fast, & simple.
b.) It didn't seem like they would taste that amazing with coconut oil.
b.) I find it annoying to make trips to the grocery store for 1 or 2 items. (I am sure you can relate!)




Citrus Snap Peas & Carrots


Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds baby carrots
  • 12 ounces sugar snap peas
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon agave
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • salt (I used Himalayan)
Directions:
  1. In large saucepot over high heat, filled with (lightly) salted boiling water, cook baby carrots for 4 min., or until crisp-tender, adding sugar snap peas after 2 min. Drain.
  2. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
  3. Add carrots, snap peas, agave, and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yum! Enjoy over rice, quinoa, or other grain for a light & healthy meal.

I hope you are having a great day! :)

Health & Wellness News & Inspiration:
Top 10 Superfoods for Spring- Shine
15 Powerful Reasons to Go Veg- Care2
Spring Veggies Tasty, Healthful- AuburnPub.com
Is Maple Syrup a Superfood?- eCanadaNow
Cat Yoga- YouTube

3 comments:

  1. I love anything with snap peas, and I am so excited that they are coming into season again! This sounds tasty :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ashley, just blog walking and dropped by to read your simple and very nutritious recipe. the snap peas and carrots look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete