Saturday, August 13, 2011

Basil Pine Nut Pesto!


Summer= gardening, and gardening= fresh basil!

Today the basil plant was practically begging to be turned into pesto! I decided to get creative and start tossing ingredients into the food processor. It turned out delicious! (and it's dairy-free!)

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 cups basil, packed
  • salt (to taste)
Directions:

Combine nutritional yeast and pine nut in a food processor, until mixture becomes a powdered consistency. Add olive oil, basil... blend again. Lastly, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, blend. Taste pesto, add a pinch more salt, if desired.

(makes about 1 1/3 cups)

*Life Update*

Lately I've been beyond crazy busy... it's been exciting, yet challenging... working 10-hour days at my 'day job', squeezing in time to dedicate to my business at 5 am and 8 pm, seeing clients on the weekends, trying to spend quality time with Jon, family, and friends, and still trying to get 8 hours of sleep! But... I am so excited because I feel like my health coaching career is taking off! Next month, I am excited to be presenting my first seminar, "Sugar Blues," at the local Y. Also, I will be attending my first Integrative Nutrition conference in New York City

Back in May, I met the director of the school, Joshua Rosenthal for the first time, as well as fellow students... and it was an amazing experience! I had finally met 'my peeps!' (like-minded in the area of nutrition) Naturally, I can't wait to meet up with everyone (and meet many new students/graduates!) again! New York City... here I come!!! If you are a fellow IN student, and planning on attending "Fall INNto Action"... let me know! I would love to connect! :)

Since I've been getting so many questions about my experience, I recently created an Integrative Nutrition 'FAQ' page. If anyone has any other questions that haven't been asked, send me an e-mail! I am always ecstatic to share my life-changing experience!

1 comment:

  1. i love checking out your recipes...i must try your basil pesto..looks great!! congrats on your business success :)

    ReplyDelete