Any exciting plans for this weekend? Jon and I are going to Disneyland (again!) Haha... we have annual passes, so we need to use them! We actually haven't been in 2 months...
Anyways, on to today's healthy deliciousness! ♥
The other day I was flipping through the latest issue of First magazine, and a recipe caught my eye! It totally had "spring" written all over it! The original recipe called for butter & honey, but I wanted to substitute coconut oil and agave instead.
Also, I made it without fresh parsley and shallots, because:
a.) I like easy, fast, & simple.
b.) It didn't seem like they would taste that amazing with coconut oil.
b.) I find it annoying to make trips to the grocery store for 1 or 2 items. (I am sure you can relate!)
Citrus Snap Peas & Carrots
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (I used Himalayan)
- In large saucepot over high heat, filled with (lightly) salted boiling water, cook baby carrots for 4 min., or until crisp-tender, adding sugar snap peas after 2 min. Drain.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, snap peas, agave, and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I hope you are having a great day! :)
Health & Wellness News & Inspiration:
Top 10 Superfoods for Spring- Shine
15 Powerful Reasons to Go Veg- Care2
Spring Veggies Tasty, Healthful- AuburnPub.com
Is Maple Syrup a Superfood?- eCanadaNow
Cat Yoga- YouTube