Monday, January 24, 2011

Goodbye Coffee... Hello Teeccino!

 Guess what?!  This is not coffee!


















It is Vanilla Nut Teeccino (a brand of herbal coffee) with a dash of Trader Joe's soy creamer!

The main ingredients in Teeccino are: roasted carob, barley, chicory root, figs, dates and almonds... ground up to a "coffee consistency." And it brews exactly like coffee! :)

 *Confession: I used to drink coffee throughout the day. (terrible!... I know)

After 7 years of consuming caffeine daily, it is time to move on...

Even though there are some benefits of coffee: antioxidents & social-ability<-- a definite plus!, there are many not-so-amazing side effects:


But wait, there is more... coffee is highly acidic. Acidic foods cause your body to produce fat cells to keep the acid away from your organs. Source: Skinny Bitch


























Whew! Even though I've known all of this about coffee for awhile, it is helpful to see it all written out! (So much easier to stay on track!)

Do you like Teeccino? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

P.S. I have no connection to this company... it is just the only herbal coffee I know of. Please let me know if you know of other brands! :)

Have a great day! :)


  • Headaches
  • Irritability 
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Dehydration
  • Increase in pms
  • Restlessness
  • Mild insomnia
  • Increased heart rate
  • Increased blood sugar
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Mild stomach upset
Also,  caffeine stimulates the adrenal glands to produce the stress hormones called cortisol, epinephrine and norepinephrine. There is a well documented relationship between persistently elevated levels of cortisol and other stress hormones. Persistently elevated levels of cortisol are associated with more belly fat. Also, caffeine greatly increases your appetite for sugar and fatty foods. Source: Lose Weight and Belly Fat

12 comments:

  1. Teeccino is a brand of herbal coffee... usually made up of roasted carob, barley, chicory root, figs, dates and almonds. It looks and tastes similar to coffee, without the side effects! Even better, it actually gives you a natural energy boost and is a prebiotic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a Teecino!! Is it available in Australia do you know?

    I often have Dandelion tea instead of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma- Yes... Teeccino is available in Australia! www.teeccino.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post ashley!! i love the info...my hubby is cutting out coffee for the neg. side effects. i just sent him your site. thank you.

    we have never tried teeccino..great, healthy alternative...i'm going to be looking for it at WF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna try where do you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole- I usually get Teeccino from the local health food store. But you can also find it at Whole Foods, Amazon, and the company's website- teeccino.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm I will have to look for some of that... and have you heard of Teavana tea? http://www.teavana.com/ best tea I've ever had. I had the earl gray one today. Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alyssa- I have heard of Teavana tea... but I have yet to try it! Thanks for the info! I am already intrigued!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the site, I have to check these guys out, we are terrible coffee drinkers and suffer so much for our huge intake in the day. I am going to see if they have a retailer here or can order on line, thanks.
    And where did you get that awesome looking cup?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the coffee cup at TJ Max!! :) It also came with a travel lid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete