Today I wanted to share with you some information about the many benefits of chlorella. I recently became interested in it after researching ways to detox heavy metals from one's system.
But what exactly is this strange sounding/looking/tasting substance, you may ask?
Well, according to Wikipedia...
Chlorella is a genus of single-cell green algae, belonging to the phylum Chlorophyta. It is spherical in shape, about 2 to 10 μm in diameter, and is without flagella. Chlorella contains the green photosynthetic pigments chlorophyll-a and -b in its chloroplast. Through photosynthesis, it multiplies rapidly, requiring only carbon dioxide, water, sunlight, and a small amount of minerals to reproduce.
It is an attractive potential food source because it is high in protein and other essential nutrients; when dried, it is about 45% protein, 20% fat, 20% carbohydrate, 5% fibre, and 10% minerals and vitamins. Mass-production methods are now being used to cultivate it in large artificial circular ponds. It is also abundant in calories, fat, and vitamins.
What are the health benefits of chlorella?
Chlorella is a blood cleanser and increases oxygen levels in the blood. It also alkalizes the body, which is the opposite of acidosis (an acidic body pH) where most disease thrives. Chlorella also relieves inflammation, which is the root of many diseases.
What has chlorella been proven to be effective for?
- Balancing hormones (relieving PMS, regulating cycles, etc.)
- Treatment of ulcers
- Increasing the white blood cell count (helps with infections, warding off of illness)
- Reducing occurrence of asthma attacks and allergies
- Helps boost immune response
- Protects the brain and nervous system
- Supports elimination of many kinds of pollutants, from heavy metals to molds
- Boosts tissue growth, healing and repair
- Detoxifies harmful radiation, protects organs
- Improving your digestion, especially if constipation is a problem
- Providing B vitamins from an animal source
- Enhancing your ability to focus and concentrate
- Increasing your energy levels
- Normalizing your blood sugar and blood pressure
- Reducing your cancer risk
How to buy chlorella?
Chlorella can be purchased as a powder or in capsules, and can be found at almost every natural heath store, vitamin shop, as well as many natural health websites. (Amazon.com usually has the best deals!)
Chlorella 101: What you need to know about this nourishing superfood (Natural News)
Chlorella and cilantro for amazing daily detox and maintenance (Natural News)
Use This Superfood to Help Remove Mercury From Your Tissues in Weeks (Dr Mercola)
Chlorella: claims of health and healing effects (Wikipedia)
Have you had any experience/success with taking this superfood?