I hope you have all been having a great month! My apologies for being MIA... it's been quite a busy month, well year... actually! My husband and I, omg... "husband" is so cool so finally say that, after almost 7 years!... just came home from our week-long honeymoon, and officially tied the knot just before that!
Photos to come...
Anyways... today I have a fun holiday recipe to share with you, by my lovely sister Alyssa, to surly put you in the mood for holiday decorating and preparations!
Peppermint Patty Truffles
by Alyssa Craft, Pure Living for Life
I have a special recipe to share today: peppermint patty truffles!
I decided to get a head start on my holiday recipes this year... and I have a confession. I LOVE York Peppermint Patties. I always have. However, as I am sure you can relate... I am not exactly a fan of the fact that they contain high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavoring and who knows what else...
These peppermint patty truffles are made with only four ingredients: coconut oil, honey, peppermint extract and dark chocolate. (For the maximum health benefits, make sure all these ingredients are organic.) I topped mine with crushed traditional candy canes, but if you are feeling extra healthy feel free to omit this or substitute with your own topping... get creative!
- Combine coconut oil, honey and peppermint extract in a bowl. Mash until well-mixed.
- If mixture is not easy to form into balls, then put in the freezer briefly.
- Scoop out 1.5 to 2 tsp of mixture and form into balls.
- Place in the freezer while melting chocolate in a separate bowl over the stove.
- Let chocolate cool a little bit.
- Dip the frozen balls into the chocolate, sprinkle with candy cane topping. Let cool.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and feel free to stop by and say hello anytime!