Aside from working, I plan on making plenty of yummy treats, watching Halloween movies by the fire with my significant other, Jon, and passing out candy to trick-or-treaters!
Speaking of making yummy treats, I cannot believe how much pumpkin has been getting devoured lately!
Pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin butter, pumpkin spice coffee, & now pumpkin soup with pumpkin seeds!
Oh, and stay tuned for pumpkin pie ice box cake! (It's vegan & raw, by the way!) It's a good thing that pumpkin is healthy!
The pumpkin soup was inspired by this recipe.
- 1 small "sugar" pumpkin, seeded & diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups water
cumin to taste
- sage to garnish (optional)
1. Roast pumpkin and garlic in oven at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.
2. Once roasted, puree pumpkin, garlic, vegetable stock, & water together. (I used a blender)
3. Bring to a slight boil on the stovetop.
4. Add cumin to taste. Serve with garlic roasted pumpkin seeds! (see * below) Garnish with sage if desired.
Simple, Easy, Quick! (I did steps 1-2 in the morning, and then had nearly-ready soup in the evening!)
* To make garlic roasted pumpkin seeds: wash leftover seeds from the pumpkin, toss with garlic power, and roast in the oven at 400 degrees while the pumpkin & garlic are cooking... but only for 12 -15 minutes!