I don't know about you... but I am ready for fall! The last week of August is a great time to begin enjoying pumpkin smoothies, right? ;)
Every August, I always have to remind myself that it is not fall, yet.... even though Michael's has had the fall decor out for a month! Yesterday I went to my favorite store, and learned that they are already selling Christmas decor!
Anyways, I just learned about a fall recipe contest that my beloved nutrition school, Integrative Nutrition is having!
25 entries will be selected to publish in their fall recipe ebook! This summer, my Tropical Mango Banana Sherbert was featured on the Integrative Nutrition blog! Naturally, I am excited at the chance to submit a fall recipe!
Experimental recipe #1... Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!
- 1/2 c. pumpkin
- 3/4 c. almond milk
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- optional: candied pecans
Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with candied pecans, if desired. Simple!
*I use a Vitamix. If you are interested in purchasing one, I can get you free shipping!
This week's agenda:
- prepare handouts/giveaways for my clients
- get a pedicure with my mom today!
- update Facebook page
- finish the September newsletter
- create 'Healthy Kids' presentation for upcoming event
- get ready for 'Sugar Blues' seminar and webinar
- enjoy a reiki massage session!
- relax with my favorite yoga DVD
- get ready for my family's annual Mammoth trip!
- surprise Jon with an early Christmas present!
Have an amazing weekend!!