Monday, October 18, 2010

Daily morning oatmeal... You've come a long way!

I cannot believe that until just a few months ago, I didn't even know what vegan overnight oats were!

Before I had any desire to spend time in the kitchen (or really cared about my health), my daily breakfasts consisted of (microwaved) oatmeal with cow milk (non-organic), raisins (with preservatives), and brown sugar. Yes, you heard right. That is what I ate. Every day.

Oh, how I wish I could go back in time and have a talk with my 14-21 year-old self!

Maybe if I only knew what food blogs were back then... (or had taken a food science class!) Things might have been different.

Anyways... at least things have changed. :)

The latest was "Pumpkin Ginger Cookie Vegan Overnight Oats:"

Evening Ingredients:
-1/3 c. oats
-1/2 c. almond milk
-2 T. pumpkin
-1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 tsp. ginger (powdered)
-1 tsp. blackstrap molasses

Directions: Mix ingredients together and place in the fridge overnight.

Morning Ingredients:
-1 banana, frozen
-1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 T. pumpkin

Directions: Take oat mixture out of the fridge and stir. Place frozen banana, pumpkin, & vanilla in a food processor and process until banana has a creamy consistency. Layer the oat and banana mixtures and top with crumbled ginger cookies!



1 comment:

  1. hi ashley!! thank you for your comment on my blog. i'm glad you did b/c it brought me to yours :) your pumpkin VOO looks awesome and ingredients great...i love the addition of molasses. i have some left over pumpkin and am going to give your recipe a try. thanx!

    ReplyDelete