Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Garlic Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Tahini Sauce

Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having a great week!

This morning I was definitely not feeling 100%... but after a nutritious breakfast of oatmeal, almonds, and a fruit smoothie... and then a 30 minute run, I felt much better! Healthy food and exercise can do amazing things! ♥

Anyways... tonight I finally got around to using the head of cauliflower that has been waiting patiently in the fridge.

Little did it know... it was about to get roasted with garlic, olive oil, and parsley!


And then dipped in Lemon Tahini Sauce! :)

And... guess what?! It was so easy to make!

How to Make:
Garlic Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Tahini Sauce
(serves 4, as a side dish)

Roasted Cauliflower
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut cauliflower into florets. Mince 3 cloves of garlic. Toss cauliflower florets and minced garlic with the olive oil and parsley in a large bowl. Spread flavored cauliflower onto a pan (I used parchment paper, but it probably is not necessary). Roast for 25 minutes.

    Lemon Tahini Sauce
    • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 5 tablespoons tahini
    Mix lemon juice and tahini together in a blender. Serve as a dipping sauce, or drizzle over roasted cauliflower.

    Even though I enjoy cooking... I have little patience when I am already hungry. So I am glad this was so quick & easy!

    Do you have any favorite ways to enjoy cauliflower?

    P.S. Has anyone ever made cauliflower "mashed potatoes?" I think that is going to be the fate of the next head of cauliflower that comes my way. :)

      2 comments:

      1. SOunds amazing i can't wait to try it.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Yum! I've never had roasted cauliflower but I can imagine it tasting absolutely amazing. My favorite way to eat it is in a casserole dish where it gets all delicious from being baked for awhile. :)

        ReplyDelete