Monday, December 13, 2010

Healthier Chocolate Fudge!

Well hello there, foodies and nutritionistas! :)


Are there any fellow choco-holics out there? If there is one thing I could never give up, it'd definitely be chocolate. :)

I like to be prepared when the craving strikes... (Which was apparently today!)

Instead of the usual butter, milk, and sugar-- this recipe uses coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey/agave/maple syrup.

It did not last very long... so I am going to make at least double for next time!

Healthier Chocolate Fudge:
(Makes: 16 servings)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Using a spoon, blend the melted coconut oil with agave and mix well. Add vanilla extract, if desired. Stir in the cocoa. Mix until smooth.

2. Pour into an 8 x 8 " pan and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.

3. Cut into 16 pieces and keep cool. Enjoy!!

*Because of the coconut oil, the fudge must be kept cool.

What are your favorite healthier chocolate recipes? :)

Coconut Oil on FoodistaCoconut Oil

14 comments:

  1. You totally read my mind!!! i was just looking up vegan fudge a couple days ago but i was nervous...i love trying out the things you try cuz i know they are totally gonna rock!!!!!! miss you!! we need to have a baking session this weekend. My place? wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how simple this fudge recipe is! I think I have everything at home too, I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something to be said for simple recipes during this otherwise crazy time of year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and is healthy !! Im sure its delicous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - thats a great looking fudge recipe. I'm just wondering why the need for so much coconut oil (same as the cocoa?!)

    And how in the world does it set in 20 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The equal ratios of coconut oil, cocoa, and agave are what gives it the "fudge" texture.

    And it sets in about 20 minutes because of the coconut oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a chocoholic and I love anything that contains chocolate. This fudge looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try this one. Some great ideas in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that fudge looks really good!
    My favorite is chocolate zucchini muffins (or even putting some cream cheese frosting on them and calling them cupcakes). I put the recipe from here: http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/ChocolateZucchiniBread.html into a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes, or sometimes do mini muffins and bake for 18 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of turning muffins into cupcakes! :) Thank you for sharing the chocolate zucchini bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy and delicious!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this coconut oil widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with coconut oil,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great ideas for your site. I've been trying to look up desserts that don't spike your blood sugar... You seem to have the right idea. I try using the same ingredients in my meals. Check it out. Healthymealsforless.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds delicious! Coconut makes everything so tasty, especially chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Four ingredients! Are you kidding! That's AWESOME!!! And so healthy too. :)

    ReplyDelete