Saturday, December 18, 2010

The day I made hummus...

Greetings! Do you like hummus? Have you ever made it yourself?



















The other day... I had a hummus craving, so I bought the roasted garlic hummus from Trader Joe's. Even though it was quite delicious and addicting, I couldn't help but fantasize about freshly made hummus... mmmmmm.

I thought to myself... "Tomorrow I am going to make homemade, fresh, and custom hummus!"

For whatever reason, I've been wanting to find ways to use cumin. (Don't ask me why! Because I do not know...)

Anyways, I thought to myself "Is there such thing as cumin hummus, I mean, would that combination even work?" So I googled "cumin hummus"... and apparently there is such a thing. But even if there wasn't, I would probably try it anyways. :)

Here is what I came up with! It is purely delicious... and can obviously be customized in many ways.I am excited to experiment with variations of spices!


















 Homemade Cumin Hummus

-1 c. chickpeas
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 clove garlic
-1 tablespoon tahini
-1/8 teaspoon sea salt
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1 tablespoon lemon juice

There is no comparison when it comes to hummus. Homemade wins in terms of taste, ingredients, freshness, and saving $! 

Do you enjoy store-bought or homemade?

6 comments:

  1. ooo i've made an artichoke garlic one and it was sooo good. So i def prefer homemade but i find myself being lazy some day. lol love it.... i can't wait to try your cumin version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I haven't made hummus before, but yours looks absolutely tasty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like figuring out ways to use spices in new combinations too.. this looks like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl!! I should have read this before I made my hummus for the party tonight! I love cumin :) What a great recipe :)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy..great dish for this christmas eve...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly don't know if I have ever had homemade hummus. How insane!

    ReplyDelete