Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Maple Cinnamon Roasted Acorn Squash

Greetings... I hope you are all having a wonderful week!!

Are you staying strong through this tempting time of year?

Confession: I ate too many cookies this week... (It happens.)

Needless to say, I am now feeling the need to greatly increase my veggie intake. :)
























So, I got a little creative...



















Who says you can't have squash for breakfast? :)



















This replaced my usual ezekiel toast with almond butter and jelly today...

Maple Cinnamon Roasted Acorn Squash
Ingredients:
  • 2 acorn squash
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice acorn squash horizontally into 1" rounds.
Put melted coconut oil on squash rounds. (a basting brush works perfectly!)
Top with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for 30 minutes.

(serves 4)

By the way, acorn squash is pretty awesome in the nutritional department!


































What do you do after too many holiday indulgences?

    6 comments:

    1. I love squash!!! I like to add it to my banana PB smoothies :-)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have never tried squash in a smoothie! But I am sure it's delicious!! :) I am quite curious now... :) Thank you for the idea!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yes!!! Squash for breakfast is the bomb! I love that just like you prepared it or sweet potato the same :) mmmmm. It keeps you fuller for longer, right?

      xxoo

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yes... it was quite a filling breakfast. :) I am going to pick up more squash at Trader Joe's today. Must enjoy it while it's in season!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. mmmmmm! looks scrumptious! I too am eating too many christmas cookies....

      Xx Yas

      http://www.mypurplegrape.com

      ReplyDelete